(1) Content Management: The software is a complete, easy to use Content Management System.
Texts, pictures, and data files of any kind can be published and administered.
(2) Community Management: factline Community Server gives an infrastructure to build and
administer communities. Various services make it possible for people to get in touch and to exchange
opinions: "Users Online" (shows all users that are logged in), "ping" (all ows logged in users to
directly contact others), "factchat" (a three dimensional chatroom), "forum" (a open discussion forum),etc.
(3) Permissioning System: With the hierarchical permissioning system, user privileges can be
determined. For each piece of information, reading and writing permissions can be given.
(4) Group functions: Rights are administered to groups. Within a platform an unlimited number
of user groups can be defined and groups can consist of an unlimited number of registered users.
(5) Version Control: A clear and permanent indentification number will be given with each
piece of information that is re-edited and published. The most current version will be visible, but
the previous documents will be stored "behind." Each document can be linked by using the infoID,
independent of its location.
(6) Cross Platform Linking: All information within a platform can be networked. A specific
feature of the system is the ability to link information between different platforms using the infoID.
(7) One-Click-Edit: Entitled users can switch from reading mode to editing mode with one simple click. You don't have to install any extra software, you only use your standard webbrowser.
(8) Platform Indipendent Client: The platform can be accessed and administrated from any
internet capable workstation with a standard webbrowser.
(9) Platformadministration: With the help of a specific interface platform administrators can
design a specific layout for their platform, define and control the permission settings,
retrieve the statistics of the platform usage, etc.
(10) Expanding the system: Every factline Community Server allows for expansion if the need
(11) Replication: A standard platform once defined can be easily replicated. Slight
customizations are possible.